Before and Afters...

I paint almost all day almost every day, so I sometimes get a little bored, simply painting on canvas, so I throw in things like wood working, sculpting, sewing, furniture decorating, and especially love reupholstering to revive an otherwise trashy piece into a fun treasure. Below are some items I have given new life with fun fabrics, trim, and even some feather edging on an awesome vintage set I found at the flea market and revived with some tiger stripe and even a little vintage purple polka dot for fun!


Junky to spunky Bench redo
 this bench I personally liked better above... before I reupholstered it, but to make the customer happy, below... I really revamped it!


 This sitting area in a retirement home is much more fun with the eclectic mix of new and old to give the residents a less boring, not so institutional place to sit and visit.



Western Bench


 I trimmed the southwestern geometric wood pattern to soften it some and sanded before painting and reupholstering this





 Vintage Flea Market 
Settee, Love seat, and Chair Up Do

 I reupholstered this set with fun fabrics and even some feather boa trim along the edges

 I found a great vintage purple polka dot fabric to accent for a little unexpected spice!



Breakfast Nook Bench I built 
with chairs and barstools I reupholstered

 Fun plain institutional straight chairs I reupholstered and added sassy turquoise ribbon laced eyelet corsets and shimmery fluffy ruffled skirt to fit the clients sassy and flashy taste.  


 Barstools I recovered and added giant chunky tacks for a touch of ruggedness

 I designed and built this bulky bench for the clients breakfast nook...
I covered the bench and used the coordinating fabrics to cover the two smaller chairs and two bar stools above
 I used turquoise vinyl the client requested and added the the rough finished faux leather and animal print to coordinate with the rest of the animal print throughout the house, and accented with chunky tacks and the red and gold giant trim for show

 These large chairs were actually a part of the dining room suite so the smaller ones I recovered up above ended up in this breakfast nook in the end.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...