Sitting room redo

I redid this small sitting area at work as a vintage western library, to fit into the Nursing homes western theme, so the nursing home residents would have a fun colorful place to sit and read or write letters to loved ones, and staff could sit to do paperwork or enjoy a quiet break. 


 For fun I painted the walls pale purple to add some zest in an otherwise
 somewhat unzestfilled existance! 
I found tall table legs to replace the short coffee table legs, 
for a library desk,
 for which I built a bookshelf hutch out of old window shutters.


I painted the room freshener to look like a cowboy hat hanging on the wall.


I painted Trompe l oeil books, picture, mail slots, vase, and potted plant as fillers.


 On the desktop I painted a dear John letter with a feather quill pen and ink well.


I painted the emergency exit door
 to similate the library door, as if inside looking out into the old western town 



I built a tall bookshelf with four old shutters 


 and painted books... 


and potted cactus


 beside the library desk I painted a fun globe to fill empty space


and I painted a trompe l oeil tuxedo cat on a shelf...  


beside the door I painted a faux grandfather clock adjoining the wall clock


and removed the clock face to paint this fun grandfather clock face... 


I added faux leather cousion, two leather straps, and four porch post finials for feet, 
to make the footstool out of an old vintage samsonite suitcase 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...